29.3.14

On: Motivation 001

I only recently decided to dive head first into this whole fitness thing, and to be honest the motivation is running dry already. However, I've recently found a few things that have helped me stay on track...

Find a passion. If you don't enjoy something, it tends to become a chore. So basically, don't force yourself to do something because you feel you ought to or because everyone else is doing it. If you don't like running - don't force yourself to run. Instead, find another activity you like. Personally, I'm loving pilates at the moment, but more on that later.

Reward yourself. A Mulberry Bayswater after a run would be lovely, but a deep, bubbly, Lush bath is definitely more realistic. (And a whole lot cheaper.) Another thing that motivates me to exercise is a pamper evening, obviously complete with Mean Girls in the background.

Set little goals. For me, there's nothing worse than setting a goal and not reaching it. Yes goals are helpful, but only if you feel you can actually achieve them, otherwise they seem to have the adverse effect. Also, another thing to mention is that I find it easier to keep to them, if I don't give myself a time scale.

Don't do it alone. Personally I find the idea of jogging around a park on my own rather dull, take a friend/sibling/dog with you, and suddenly it becomes much more fun. Or go to the gym with someone else. But, something to mention - take someone who will motivate you to exercise, not the opposite.

Becca x

1 comment :

  1. And i would say: change often. If i always run, the week later i will be sick of it!
    Michelaxx

    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete