12.4.14

Water, Water, Water

I've  recently discovered a deliciously, refreshing, drink* and I feel like I have to share it with you. (*Try saying that in a rush.) Anyway, on another note, I recently bought a couple of Kilner jars from Dunelm Mill and I love them. They're the perfect size for making these flavoured waters, plus they're much more interesting than a typical glass. There's something quite novel about drinking from something that isn't a glass.

This is such a simple drink to make, and to be honest I'm not sure if I can even call this a recipe. But anyway, add the juice of half a lemon, half a lime and a few thin slices of cucumber to a glass of water, and voila. A quick, healthy, refreshing drink. Mmmmmm. Now obviously this is 'to taste' so feel free to alter the quantities.

This makes drinking water so much easier, but I'm still on the lookout for a blender as I'd love to start making my own juices and smoothies! 

I'm also on the hunt for some striped paper straws, forever fulfilling the blogger clichés...

4 comments :

  1. Definitely get a blender, i've been making breakfast smoothies every morning - highly recommend :)

    And check eBay for straws :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try it.. really refreshing :)
    Michela xxx |
    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the refreshing drinks, I made the other day strawberry and lemon I found loads on pinterest.

    great blog
    fragilephantasy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water is generally the only thing I drink, so I love flavoured waters! Always a bit of a difficulty if bringing some into school when the fruit/etc. won't quite fit through the top of the bottle haha. ps Not on the High Street sells paper straws in a variety of colours! http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/peachblossom/product/striped-paper-straws
    Sarah McCallum-Orr xx

    ReplyDelete